GetTested’s Allergy Test measures 38 different components and covers 95% of the most common allergies in Europe. In addition to a variety of foods, you also get answers to any allergies to pollen, fur animals, mites and mold. Like all our tests, this test is also performed from home via a simple blood test in the finger. You will then send the sample to our certified and professional lab and then you will receive your answer digitally.
For those who also want to test their food intolerances, we offer an extended test called Allergy & Food Intolerance test where we look into 78 different foods and non-foods in total.
At-home test without need for a doctor’s visit
Clinically approved test that is analyzed by an ISO 13485 certified lab
Comprehensive result report in English
“Impressive results, quick-turn around and great support. Will for sure use again.”
Allergy test from home
GetTested’s Allergy Test measures 38 different items that cover 95% of the most common allergies in Europe. An allergic reaction does not always have to trigger severe symptoms, it can also cause milder or more diffuse symptoms such as a runny nose or a rash. This is a home test that is analyzed at a professional, ISO certified lab. The test is performed at home via a simple blood finger test.
Allergy, Food Intolerance or Histamine Intolerance?
In some cases, different reactions are not about an allergy but are due to a food intolerance or histamine intolerance. Allergy is an immunological reaction, while food intolerance is a gastrointestinal reaction (which can cause a variety of symptoms in the entire body). Allergy and food intolerance result in different type of antibodies. Histamine intolerance causes similar symptoms as an allergic reaction is caused by a deficiency of the enzyme diamine oxidase (DAO), which breaks down histamine in food. Learn more about histamine here. If you believe that your symptoms could be food intolerances instead, we can recommend our combined Allergy & Food Intolerance Test.
Items measured in the Allergy test:
- Birch (pollen)
- Hazelnut (pollen)
- Olive (pollen)
- Cypress (pollen)
- Ash (pollen)
- Timothy grass (pollen)
- Rye (pollen)
- Bermuda grass (pollen)
- Bahia grass (pollen)
- Wormwood Ambrosia (pollen)
- Mugwort (pollen)
- Ribwort Plantain (pollen)
- Dust mites
- Egg white
- Cow’s milk
- Meat (pork, beef, chicken, lamb)
InstructionsThe test is collected at home by yourself through a so-called capillary blood test. Capillary blood is obtained by pricking a finger and the blood is collected into a tube or a paper that is sent to our ISO certified lab for analysis with a unique test-ID. You will receive your result digitally as soon as the lab has analyzed your sample.
1. Order your test Order your test and pay by card (Visa, AMEX or Mastercard).
2. Your test kit is sent to your home After you placed your order, we send your a test kit with instructions. You will also receive an enclosed envelope to return the test to the lab, preferably Monday or Tuesday.
3. Perform the test according to the instructions in the test kit and on the web Our support team will help you if you have any questions during the process or after receiveing your result.
4. Submit the test kit and wait for the results and answers Submit your test kit to our ISO certified lab in the enclosed envelope. You will normally receive an answer within 10-15 working days.